Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Pop-Ups in the Garden...Nature's Abundance

Raspberry pop-up.
They're everywhere. This little plant is probably a runner frim an Autumn fruiting variety, which originally cane frim a friend's left-over planting. These plants grow quite tall throughout  the summer. In the autumn, dark red fruits are in abundance. Very eady to grow and the plant in fruit lasts well into November, despite the cold weather.
A great example of easy growing fruit. 
Potato pop-up. 
There are many of these pop-ups around the garden. They have increased over the years. I used to dig them out, thinking they were in the way, until I realised Nature is helping me for free. Generally the pop-ups grow without much help. I will cover the growing plant, so the developing potatoes won't  be green when exposed to the air. Last year I had quite a good crop, in one spot, with some very large potatoes, as I forgot to dig them up. Quite tasty too.
And believe it or not, I'm not a great potato eater, maybe roast or oven baked being the best way I like to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment